Cinnamon Toffee Banana Bread - Via @Beach.House.Photo
This recipe is from one of our amazing customers (their post can be found here: http://beachhousephoto.ca/cinnamon-toffee-banana-bread)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours
Yield: 1 loaf
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 3-4 bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup plain or vanilla yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup Toffee Chips
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (177 degrees Celsius), spray a 9x5 inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, beat the brown sugar and butter with a stand or handheld mixer on medium speed until well blended – about 1 minute. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each. With a spatula, stir in the mashed banana, yogurt and vanilla. Slowly add in the Flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and toffee chips. Batter will be thick.
3. Spoon half of the batter into prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar swirl ingredients. Top with remaining batter. Bake for 45 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes in the pan on a wire rack. Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
4. Cover and store banana bread at room temperature for 2 days or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week, if it lasts that long Banana bread tastes best on day 2 after flavours have settled together.